Wilton Course 1 – Building Buttercream Skills
Building Buttercream Skills is a course for beginners who are keen to embark on cake and cupcake decorating projects.
Your Wilton Method Certified Instructor (WMI) will help and guide you throughout the class.
When you have completed Course 1, you’ll be proud of the new techniques you’ve learned and you are ready to showcase them on your next cake project!
- How to ice and decorate a cake and cupcakes.
- How to create 6 different buttercream flowers.
- How to pipe lines, borders, letters and intricate designs on the cakes and cupcakes.
- How to transfer images onto a cake.
- How to make buttercream with the correct consistency.
- How to fill and use a decorating bag.
- Type: Cake Decorating
- Minimum age: 14 years old
- All classes will be conducted in English/Chinese by our bilingual instructors. We welcome English and Chinese speaking students in our classes.
- Fresh baked sponge cake, equipment, apron and cake boxes will be provided.
- Official Wilton Course 1 Kit will be given to students.
- Bring a pen for taking notes.
- Students will receive a Wilton Tracked Certificate of Merit upon completion, issued by the Wilton Authorized Centre.
- An All-Star Certificate is awarded to a student who has completed Wilton Course 1, 2, 3, and Wilton Advanced Course.
Students are required to bring the following ingredients to class, as per the Material List you will find here.
- Students can enjoy a 15% discount off any purchase of the items on the Material List (10% off for Crisco) on the first day only of a Wilton Course enrolled.
- Students can bring their own ingredients as long as they are of equivalent quality as those listed on the Material List.
- If you are interested to do the Intensive module of Course 1 (1 day for 8 hours), please contact us.